Full-Time Site/Regional Technician, Customer Service-NJ Area
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
NPI has been designing leading-edge mail sorters for over 25 years, with over 1,000 machines installed worldwide. NPI sets the standard for affordable, high quality, low maintenance machines, while meeting the highest expectations in automated mail sorting with the industry’s most compact design. Our exclusive technology can be configured into a number of modular designs to meet specific customer requirements for labor, floor space and cost. National Presort sorters are also equipped with the most advanced software-based readers in the industry: our OCR and Omni-Directional BCR run with off the-shelf hardware using the latest Pentium processors.
Our MISSION STATEMENT is to provide technical hardware and support to assist companies and postal administrations in optimizing mail processing efficiencies.
NPI Company Values
- NPI engineers and manufactures equipment that exceeds our customers’ expectations in quality, ease-of- use and exceptional value.
- NPI pursues excellence in innovative technology that aims to deliver benefits to our customers.
- NPI has the vision in market-leading products that generate recognition from our customers and the industry.
- NPI employees strive to create a work environment where teamwork always wins.
- NPI employees believe in treating others the way they want to be treated.
- NPI employees seek solutions not fault through positive attitude and energy.
- NPI employees believe there is no problem that through hard work and dedication cannot be resolved.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals capable of maintaining letter sorting equipment to achieve optimal uptime and in the event of a problem capable of troubleshooting Hardware and Software issues. Our goal is to provide the fastest resolution possible to get the equipment back in safe operations. If you feel you meet the requirements and can be a contributing member to a great team please submit your resume.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quickly and efficiently resolve customer issues to maintain maximum up-time.
- Maintain customer equipment by scheduling and performing regular preventive maintenance inspections on equipment;
- Work with support personnel to install new equipment and perform equipment upgrades,
- Properly control company assets by managing parts inventory and on-site tools.
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer satisfaction by communicating in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Promptly review service updates/bulletins and take recommended action on same, installation/retrofit instructions, system machine schematics, etc.
- Continue to enhance value to company by staying technically current, i.e. attending continuing education courses in such areas as: networking and software, etc.
- Respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service 24/7 within established response time goals
- Provide technical support and training to less experienced Site Technicians
- Look for new ways to improve the timeliness and quality of the level of service provided.
- Be knowledgeable in customer processes and procedures, including Sortplans, IMB requirements etc.
- Be knowledgeable in Postal regulations and paperwork. Have a full understanding of the methods used for generating paperwork and dispatching product.
- Flexible to work any shift including nights, weekends and Holidays
- Willing to travel regionally up to 125 miles for 1-2 days at a time
- Primary function will be on call in Secaucus area from 2200-1300 M-S with 6 hour response time and in the Westampton, NJ area from 0700-1700 M-F with a 4 hour response time.
- Strong electronics/electrical background
- Solid mechanical knowledge
- Complete all company required documentation is a timely manner
- Ability to apply software skills and knowledge to our equipment
- Ability to use hand and power tools and measuring equipment i.e. oscilloscopes, DMM, etc. Ability to read technical drawing and documentation
- Full range of motion and unrestricted mobility.
- Ability to lift 50-75lbs.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions independently
- Ability to persuade/influence others in sensitive/confrontational situations
- Basic computer skills: DOS, Windows, UNIX Microsoft Office
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2 year degree or diploma in electronics/advanced mechanics/software training
- 1+ years related industry/equipment experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires strong electronics background, understanding of computer program functionality and software troubleshooting skills. Associate degree a plus.
- Additional Job Information:
- Shift work is required
- The site operates up to 7 days a week and most holidays
- Able to start immediately
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package available
How to Apply
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2315 total views, 1 today