Full-Time Production Lead – 2nd Shift-138604
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This position will sit in our Pitney Bowes Mail Services business unit. This business unit helps customers earn the best possible discounts on First-Class® and Standard® postage with our presort services, doing work the U.S. Post Service would otherwise have to perform. This service spans the globe with international offerings, ranging from mail preparation and fulfillment to courier and freight services.
We are currently seeking a Production Lead. The right candidate will be an integral part of our talented team, supporting our continued growth. This position will be located in our Grand Prairie, TX location. This is a second shift position.
- Under direction from the Operations Manager, assures the accurate and timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC (Multi Line Optical Character Reader) Equipment. Assigns workers to the appropriate equipment and job duties.
- Sets up windows on the various machines using Winsort software. Verifies quality of sorted mail using MPTQM (Mail Preparation Total Quality Management) procedures.
- May be trained to Prepare reports which convert the Winsort and Msort programs to combine the information for accurate reporting.
- Responsible for overseeing the production workers on designated lines. Supervisory responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Oversees quality function in assigned area. Assures MPTQM (Mail Preparation Total Quality Management) processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Trains new employees on job functions or assigns designated individuals to complete the training.
- Follows-up to assure processing proceeds at the pace needed to meet postal dead lines.
- Reviews time clock hours of production workers to assure accuracy. Interprets company policies to production staff as needed and upholds safety regulations and practices.
- Offers suggestions regarding increasing efficiency of use of equipment, working conditions, motivation of employees.
- Regular scheduled attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
All interested individuals must apply online. Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply
To learn more about Pitney Bowes and the many other opportunities available, please visit www.pb.com/careers.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and USPS postal regulations. Ability to prepare reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from
- groups of managers, customers and employees.
- Ability to calculate and prepare various reports regarding volumes, rejects and other pertinent data.
- Experience in the any one of the following areas where familiarity of USPS requirements and/or regulations are applied (presort, mailroom, associated industries)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and/or MS Access
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, internet and email
- Minimum of one year of progressively responsible experience in a production or mailing industry environment
2nd Shift Monday to Friday (4:30 pm – 12:30 am )
Able to work weekends, overtime and/or a different shift, based on operational need with little or no advance notice.
Salary $12.30 per hour????
Standard Work Days: M-F
Standard Start & End Time: 4:30 pm – 12:30 am
How to Apply
2545 total views, 2 today