30 Oct 2013
Full-Time Manager, VDP Services
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Wilen Direct, a division of Wilen Group, offers the latest in Variable Data Printing (VDP) technology, including 4-color VDP that helps personalize marketing messages without sacrificing quality or time. Our 600-dpi printing offers extremely high levels of detail for personalization.
The role of the VDP Services Manager is to organize and execute time-critical data driven by direct, interactive and database marketing initiatives. This position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual that can work in a fast paced, time sensitive, high pressure environment. Handling direct mail projects from receipt of raw data to output of production files, including data clean-up, data manipulation, and variable data layout. Assign and prioritize projects as required. Working extra hours as needed to meet our customers’ deadlines.
- The ability to handle complex variable data projects including complex versioning.
- Working in a team environment, coordinating with other teammates to move work through the department as accurately and efficiently as possible, while meeting our customers’ demanding delivery dates.
- Ability to manage team members remotely.
- Automate processes, increasing overall productivity.
- Evaluate and update QC checklists, processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication with both our customers and staff.
- Prioritize work and communicate regularly regarding job status.
- A high level of problem-solving and analytical skills is absolutely critical.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Performing additional duties as directed.
Minimum of Associates Degree in Information Systems, B.S. in Computer Science preferred.
Candidate must have 3 to 5 years’ experience with the following tool set:
- Satori preferred; experience with BCC, First Logic or Group One will be considered
- GMC Inspire
- Advanced scripting knowledge is required
- Microsoft office (Excel , Access & Word)
Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Web presses with inline Prosper S10 inkjet technology.
- Inkjet printers: Scitex, Kodak or Pitney Bowes.
- Laser printers: OCE, Toshiba, Konica-Minolta.
- Kodak 4C digital press
- Familiar with different output engines in GMC: pdf, ijpds and ppml.
- Basic graphic design experience.
If you have a programming background, strong logic and problem-solving skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we’d like to hear from you. To be considered for this position, please apply with your résumé, cover letter and salary requirement. Only qualified candidates who meet the position requirements will be considered. Must be located in or willing to relocate to South Florida.
How to Apply
Please fax your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. or email to
3783 total views, 5 today