Full-Time Direct Mail Programmer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Established in 1976, DATAMATX has grown into one of the nation’s leading providers of variable print and electronic distribution for billing solutions.
We are seeking a direct mail programmer in our Atlanta, GA office that combines the position of a developer, document designer, and process specialist. You must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment, managing multiple projects in the technical data processing arena. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other peers to problem-solve and learn, while fulfilling client’s data and personalization requirements on a continuous basis. Bring your data processing expertise to an environment where you can expand your project management and document design skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create applications that automatically process data files upon receipt and produces both paper and electronic documents.
• Maintain and troubleshoot automated processes and perform application testing.
• Prepare data for output to a variety of devices in print and electronic media.
• Create Document templates in HP Exstream Dialogue composition tool for output to Xerox production printing devices.
• Perform Quality Assurance checks for all work.
• Work well in a highly standardized developer environment.
• Collaborate with other departments and functions to achieve creative and efficient solutions to client objectives.
• Work with team to document existing projects with established processes.
• Effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of projects.
• Systematically cross train with other programmers and Data Services team members on all ongoing programs and projects, assess current approach and suggest improvements when appropriate.
• Interface directly with the clients you support as part of our relationship team in a consultant role to gather requirements and offer expert advice on system, data, and document design best practices.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Four year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline or 2 year degree with 3 years of related work experience in the direct mail or document distribution industry.
• Aptitude for accurately manipulating large amounts of data, a high level of attention to detail, and a passion for organization and accuracy.
• Ability to express ideas clearly both orally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of data files and data processing principles.
• Working knowledge of VB and VB.NET.
• Experience with SQL and database programming languages.
• Working knowledge of GMC Printnet or HP Exstream Dialogue a plus.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, Adobe-PDF.
• Familiarity with ftp, PGP encryption and Zip file formats.
• Knowledge of US Postal Service standards a plus.
• Experience with custom report creation in a database setting a plus
DATAMATX utilizes detailed training and procedural documents to enhance learning and orientation. We offer a full benefits package with health insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia and a 401k with match.
How to ApplyEmail resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 770.936.5614. DATAMATX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No calls please from applicants or agencies. Please visit our website at www.datamatx.com.
1888 total views, 4 today